Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Fig Obsession

In honor of my relatively new-found love of figs (which drove me to sneak to the backyard at a party to gather figs), I'm excited at the new address for this blog: nuttyfig.com.

Why nuttyfig?

Well, is there anything better then lightly toasted walnuts smashed into a nearly dry fig? Simple, lovingly produced ingredients crafted into the best foods on earth. That's what this blog is about. The symbolic fig perfectly expresses the passion I exude for good food. And my nuttiness for nuts - hazel, walnuts, pecans, almonds, cashews, macs, etc etc etc

NPR recently wrote and podcasted a nice article Perfection Is A Fresh Fig, along with a few good recipes. It reports that sales of fresh figs have increased by 30 percent each year for the past five years!

If you hated figs growing up as I did, try some not-too-dry figs with cheese, nuts, and/or chocolate. Maybe you'll find you're a fig nut too!

No comments: